Quotations of Power!

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination"

-Albert Einstein

Tuesday, May 16, 2017

End of Year Reflection

Well, it's come to this. My time at Olathe Northwest is drawing to a close, as I now only have a day and a half left of school. It's definitely a time to look back and reflect on all I've learned since joining e-Communications.
The most obvious bit of acquired knowledge is technical experience. Since joining e-Comm, I've become skilled in the use of Photoshop and AfterEffects, as well as had some limited experience with Maya for 3D modeling. My primary technical growth came primarily in the realm of Stop Motion Animation, as I mastered the program DragonFrame, and used it to film Toy Soldier.
However, I did learn a far more important set of skills as time wore on. I learned project management and collaboration through my group projects such as e-Comm Brawl (Sophomore Year) and Beary Bad Day (Junior Year). It was certainly a challenge learning to trust others with key aspects of a project, but it's also easy to forget how much work can be accomplished by a group rather than a lone worker. Group projects led to some of my best work, and I'm thankful I had the experiences.
All in all, I leave with the same thoughts I had last year: that I wouldn't change a thing. Each mistake, each setback, and each triumph have all had an effect on who I am now, and I wouldn't change them for the world.
Most of all though, I'll probably miss the friends I've made here. They've accompanied me through thick and thin, and worked with me through every hurdle. We've laughed together, and we've struggled together.
I'll definitely use what I've learned here as I transition into college. While I may not use as many of my technical skills, I'll certainly utilize the learned skills of collaboration and leadership as I leave Northwest behind, and stride confidently into an exciting future.

No comments:

Post a Comment